Thank you for your interest in Continuing Medical Education at the Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University. If you have an idea for a CME activity, please call the CME Office immediately. This will enable us to work together from the very beginning of the program development and planning.
The Alpert Medical School is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing education activities to physicians. Brown CME Accreditation services include:
- Consultation with the Course Director and Planning Committee to ensure compliance with the ACCME policies and criteria and the policies of the Brown CME Office.
- Needs assessment/gap analysis
- Learning objectives
- Educational format
- Evaluation of the activity
- Outcomes measurement tools
- Participation in the educational planning and program development.
- Coordination of other types of continuing education accreditation applications (e.g. AAFP, Nursing)
- Distribution of industry disclosure information and forms to activity course director(s), planners and presenters.
- Assistance in the resolution of any potential conflicts of interest prior to the activity.
- Preparation of faculty disclosure summary for distribution at the activity.
- Advise course director(s) and planners on the ACCME Standards of Commercial Support and Exhibit policies.
- Commercial Support:
- Prepare and manage online applications for educational grants.
- Ensure that appropriate Letters of Agreement from all commercial funding sources are completed and signed by all parties prior to the activity. The agreements must be between the commercial supporter and Brown to be in compliance with ACCME SCS.
- Review and Approval of all activity marketing materials prior to printing and distribution.
- Preparation of CME Credit Certificates and Certificates of Attendance upon completion of the activity.
- Maintenance of all activity records and documentation for six years as required by the ACCME.
- Attend the program.